Friday, April 27, 2012

Taylor's War Wound

So, normally I have a "deep thought" to write about. I think I've been avoiding those types of thoughts for several months now, or perhaps am incapable of having such due to sleep deprivation. I'm hoping I get some of my brain back after all is said and done. I miss it. Anyway, I digress.
Today I'm posting Taylor's basketball tournament war wound: a large gash on the right side of his forehead, just below his hairline. He was running for the ball in the second game of the tournament and hit the bleachers 4 subdermal and 13 exterior stitched on the right side of his forehead. 



This was Troy's and my first experience with stitches in one of our children. I have little hope that it's one of the last, especially with our own "Stitch" bringing up the rear. ;-)
Taylor's biggest disappointment of the day was not being able to finish playing the game. The best part of his day was being brought two 1/2 gallons of Tillamook Marionberry Pie ice cream by two sympathetic moms (Erinn Thompson and Theresa Kruse).